The Skype for Business client was officially launched this year on March 18th and, as from now, a free technical preview is available for all eligible Office 365 Enterprise users.
The technical preview provides early access to new features:
- Skype Meeting Broadcast
- Available for all Office 365 customers
- Enables Skype for Business meeting up to 10 000 people
- Suitable for public webinars
- Integrated with Bing Plus for real-time polling and with Yammer for dialogue during the broadcast
- PSTN Conferencing
- Available for U.S. Office 365 users only
- Allows people to join an online meeting via smartphone or tablet from locations with no Internet access
- Cloud PBX with PSTN Calling
- Also available for Office 365 U.S. users only
- Provides traditional phone calls with the possibility of managing call features such as hold, forward and transfer
New features are not finalized yet. General availability will most likely be at the end of the year.
About Skype for Business
Skype for Business is an excellent solution if you want to bring communication and collaboration to a new level. It gives you everything you need: instant messaging, audio and video calls, online meetings and sharing – all in one app that works with Office.
You can access it anywhere, from your favorite device or web browser. All you need is an Internet connection.
High-level security protects your conversations with strong authentication and encryption. Also, you control employee use by adding and removing subscriptions and assigning features according to their collaboration needs.
You’re not an Office 365 user yet? Contact us and feel free to ask anything you would like to know about its implementation.